The Band Booster Organization
The Band Boosters are a non-profit organization that seeks to support all aspects of the band programs at Lakeville North High School in Lakeville, Minnesota. Concert Band, Jazz Band, Marching Band and Pom-pons are all included. The Band Boosters are a great group of people who volunteer their time and efforts to support this exceptional band program. Without the Band Boosters, the band would not be able to exist at the level that it does now.
Here are some of the activities of the Band Boosters:
- Supporting the band by encouraging families to attend events.
- Communications - We try to keep parents informed about band and booster activities.
- Fundraising - An active, high quality band program is expensive. We raise money to help pay expenses.
- Uniforms - Band uniforms need to be organized, cleaned and repaired, etc.
- We help fund some of the travel expenses such as busing and food. We also help arrange chaperones for these trips.
- Photos/DVDs - we collect and display band photos and have DVDs made of our band trips.
Our Band Parents offer their support so our students can enjoy being part of the band. Every person has a special talent they can offer. We are not asking you to commit to everything that we are involved in, but we hope you will commit to something. Please be available and give a little of your time. If everyone gives a little, it will mean a lot!
You as a Band Booster parent can be involved in the Executive Board, you can head up a committee, or sign up as a volunteer under any of the many committees and activities we have going. Please take a minute to familiarize yourself with this web site and learn all about our great band program. If you have any questions, please refer to the contact list. Thank you for your support!